Australian Privacy Principle Policy
Your personal information
Personal information is any information about you. It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It could include the opinions of others about your work performance, your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements. Personal information can include sensitive information.
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It can include information or opinion about your:
• membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
• criminal record;
• health or disability (at any time);
It can include personal information collected to provide to a health service. There are other types of sensitive information, but they are generally less relevant to work and pre-work situations.
Sensitive information can only be collected with your consent. We will only collect information that is necessary for the proper performance of our tasks or functions, and will request your consent before collecting your information. We do not collect or use personal or sensitive information for the purposes of unlawful discrimination, or without your explicit consent.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information?
Your personal and sensitive information will be collected by ADI administration staff for ADI’s own use and/or on behalf of ADI clients who may require access to your personal and sensitive information in connection with your work placements (e.g. what courses you can conduct) or Educational institution enrolment purposes.
ADI currently does not engage with overseas companies, if and when ADI does you will be notified prior to personal information is forwarded.
How your information will be collected
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you fill out and submit your personal information record, pre existing injury or disease form, banking form and when you issue ADI with copies of any qualifications and/or certificates in connection with your employment contract to us or a third party to whom you have authorised us to disclose information.
Some laws such as taxation law, immigration law and laws for the protection of certain classes of people (such as children or the elderly) may require that we collect certain types of information from you. Personal and sensitive information may also be collected when:
• we receive any reference about you;
• we receive the results of any competency or medical test;
• we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
• we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
• we receive any information about a workplace incident in which you are involved;
• we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
• you provide us with any additional information about yourself.
Your information will be used.
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
• your actual or possible work placement;
• your actual or possible Educational institution application;
• your performance appraisals;
• our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
• any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
• our identification of your training needs;
• any workplace rehabilitation;
• our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
• any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to third parties:
• potential and actual clients of ADI;
• ADI administration staff including your direct manager and/or National manager.
• potential and actual educational institutions;
• our Insurers;
• a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
• a Workers Compensation body;
• our contractors and suppliers - e.g. our I.T. contractor;
• any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
If you do not give us the information we seek
• we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
• we may be limited in our ability to place you in work;
• we may be limited in our ability to provide you with a service you that require
If you wish that ADI does not give private and/or personal information out, please forward your concerns and limitations to ADI administration in writing.
You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the Australian Privacy Principles (Part 5 – Access to, and Correction of, personal information) , you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold. If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it to ensure that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact our WHS coordinator, Tania Wearing 0438637063
How to contact us
f you require any further information regarding our Private policy or wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information you should send an email to
Australian Privacy Principles Policy V4 21st January 2020
© 2020 Australian Driving Institute.